- Ads targeted to countries subject to U.S. trade sanctions and other U.S. export control laws.
- Ads that encourage illegal activity, or any illegal conduct, product, or enterprise.
- Ads that depict drug use or excessive drinking.
- Ads that encourage violence or depict hyper-realistic violence.
- Ads that suggest violating laws or regulations.
- Ads that direct users to phishing links, malware, or similarly harmful codes or sites.
- Ads that promote cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars, smokeless tobacco, and other tobacco or nicotine related products. Ads that promote firearms, weapons, or ammunitions. Illegal wildlife trade, and products and services derived from endangered or threatened species.
- Ads intended to shock the user.
- Ads that encourage dishonest behaviour.
- Ads that address or are intended to appeal specifically to children under the age of 13.
- Ads for products or services principally used to infringe the intellectual property rights of others, such as those designed to bypass copyright protection (for example, software or cable signal descramblers).
- Ads for products or services principally dedicated to selling counterfeit products, such as imitations of designer or officially-licensed products.
- Ads for products that attempt to transform the user into a celebrity or other public figure.
- Ads that are deceptive, false, or misleading, including misleading claims, offers, or business practices.
- Ads that deceive users into providing personal information without their knowledge, under false pretension, or that otherwise misuse personal information.
- Bait-and-switch techniques or other deceiving calls to action.
- Ads that demean, degrade, discriminate, or show hate toward a particular race, ethnicity, culture, country, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, condition, or toward any member of a protected class.
- Ads that promote harassment or bullying.
- Ads that depict sexual content.
- Ads that may be considered culturally inappropriate in the selected location.
- Profanity or obscene gestures
- Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Lithuania, Morocco, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Turkey, and the United Arab Emirates.
- Target or be likely to appeal to minors.
- Encourage or depict excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Exploit an individual who is drunk or otherwise intoxicated.
- Showcase alcohol, or otherwise misrepresent the effects of consuming alcohol.
- Associate alcohol with operating a vehicle or other activities that require a certain degree of skill or physical coordination, or with any illegal behaviour.
- Ads for financial products and services must clearly and prominently disclose all applicable material terms and conditions to consumers prior to the submission of an application.
- Ads for loans must disclose, among other things, APR, repayment period, fees and costs, penalties, and the contact information of the lending institution, and Ads for products intended for a limited audience should only be targeted to that audience.
- Get-rich-quick or pyramid schemes or other deceptive or too-good-to-be true financial offers.
- Ads that promote particular securities or that provide or allege to provide insider tips.
- Payday loans or predatory lending.
- Cryptocurrency including: Wallets, Trading Platforms, and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs/SCO’s). This approval is on a case-by-case basis.
- Any other Financial Products and Services of questionable legality or other sensitivities, at our sole discretion.
- Algeria, Argentina, Bahrain, Colombia, Egypt, Gaza and The West Bank, Kuwait, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and the United Arab Emirates.
- Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, The United States, and Uruguay.
- Brazil, Ecuador, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Poland, Russia, Thailand, and Turkey.
- Target territories where the advertiser is not authorised to operate.
- Target or be likely to appeal particularly to minors.
- Glorify gambling or misrepresent the benefits of participation.
- Encourage individuals to play beyond their means.
- Bahrain, Egypt, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
- Algeria, Bahrain, Canada, Costa Rica, Egypt, Hong Kong, Japan, Kuwait, New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Tunisia, The United Arab Emirates, and the United States.
- Colombia, Iraq, Lebanon, Romania, Spain, and Turkey.
- Promote products that may present risks for consumers
- Promote weight-loss supplements.
- Contain exaggerated or unrealistic claims.
- Include “before-and-after” pictures.
- Colombia, Greece, Kuwait, and the United States: 18+.
- Bahrain, Ireland, Kuwait, Lebanon, Monaco, Oman, Poland, and Qatar.
- Australia, Chile, Egypt, Lithuania, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, and Turkey: 18+
- Norway: 16+
- Bahrain, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Monaco, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Uruguay.
- Australia, Egypt, Lithuania, Portugal, and Slovakia: 18+
- Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Monaco, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Serbia, Tunisia, and Turkey.
- Ads for tests to determine prenatal gender are not permitted in India (2003 PC-PNDT Act).
- Any ads that portray negative self-imagery towards the user, contain over-exaggerated claims or “Before and After” images, or otherwise demean the user are not allowed.
Political Advertising on Hola must be transparent and lawful. The following policies must be adhered to. Also, understand, Hola reserves the right to approve or reject any Ad for any reason without question.
Political ads include political content; but also election-related ads include ads about candidates or parties for public office; and, ads that urge people to vote. Issue ads are ads for, against, or about political issues or other issues that are the subject of national debate, and include things like ads about abortion, immigration, and guns amongst other deeply divided subjects.
Political advertising must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including all national election laws, copyright law, defamation law, and (where applicable) Federal/National Election Commission regulations, jurisdictional local laws, and regulations including state laws where they apply. Complying with those laws and regulations will be the sole responsibility of the advertiser.
For transparency, political advertising must include a “paid for by” message in the ad that is followed by the name of the paying person or entity. Promotional ads, particularly electoral ads, must state whether or not the ad was authorized by a candidate or organization, and election ads not authorized by the candidate must include contact information for the sponsoring organization.
We encourage political advertisers to be positive. But we don’t definitively ban attack ads, ads expressing disagreement with or campaigning against a candidate or party. These types of ads must meet our general guidelines.
The Rights of Hola
Hola will review political ads on a case-by-case basis.
We reserve the right to reject at our sole discretion, or request modifications to: ads that we believe violate our Ad policies or that are otherwise inappropriate. Our discretion will never be exercised with the intent to favor or disfavor any candidate, political view, or political party. Hola is entirely impartial. We also reserve the right to require substantiation of an advertiser’s factual claims.
Political Advertising by Non-Resident Foreign Nationals or Entities
Political advertisements hosted by Hola may not be paid for directly or indirectly by non-resident foreign nationals or entities — in other words, by people or entities that aren’t residents of the country where the ad will run.
If your Ad involves the promotion of a contest or sweepstakes, (referred to herein as a “Promotion”), you are responsible for ensuring that your Promotion complies with all legal requirements. This includes writing the official rules, terms, and eligibility requirements, and complying with marketing regulations. Legal requirements for Promotions can vary from place to place. It is your responsibility to ensure you won’t violate any applicable laws.